Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reflection Paper-2

Lerzan Selvi

76387-0

FLE 352 (02) – COMMUNITY SERVICE

Reflection Paper 2

After I went to ANACEV for a couple of weeks I got to know the children better and got closer with them. They started to call me ‘Teacher’ too, and they were interested to get to know me. The teachers of the classroom were very nice and continued to be welcoming. Their Friday morning schedule was same every week, so my Friday mornings with them were more or less same every time I went there. When I started, the teachers told me that Fridays were their free days. It was the day that children spend their time with unscheduled free activities except for ballet and English classes.

The teachers and the children were preparing for the End of the Year Performance when I was going there. They were preparing different kinds of art projects, a ballet show, and two English songs for this performance. I offered the teachers that I could help them with the songs. They asked me to transcribe the songs first and help the children to practice the songs as well. The song that I helped the children to practice was about the body parts which was called “Hands, Knees, and Toes, Knees and Toes.” The children loved the song and were very good at practicing it. So whenever we had the suitable times one of my tasks at Anacev was to help the kids to practice for their End of the Year Performance.

I also enjoyed reading them books during their free reading times. The children sometimes asked me to read them their books and they loved it when I read to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment